Exciting opportunity to join the Career Committee for Social Sciences
What is it?
The Career Committee leads on organising career support for undergraduate and masters students within the Social Sciences. It is student-run and aims to provide fellow students with the best possible start to their careers after graduating. In addition to organizing a large career event in May/June, the committee can identify other career activities that would be valuable for students and lead on organising these.
We are looking for enthusiastic students to become part of this committee when it launches in February 2017. Committee meetings will take place a few times per month. The time commitment will depend on your role in the committee and your personal ambition, and will increase in the build-up to organised event(s).
What’s in it for me?
Committee members develop a wide range of skills and experiences, including:
· The chance to shape what career support looks like within the Social Sciences, making sure it’s what students want and need
· Experience of events management
· Expand your professional network within the Netherlands
· Develop your organisation skills
· Experience of budget management
· The satisfaction of helping other students feel supported with their careers
· Meet other students within the UvA beyond your own study programme
Email a statement of motivation to BOSS-GSSS@uva.nl by 15th of February 23:59h. You don’t need to send your CV but please make sure you include a short introduction about yourself.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us using the email address above.
Marlise, Claire and Steven
Board of Studies Students CSW / GSSS